Monday, October 20, 2014

New Fiction Readers

I got brave tonight and uploaded two of my fiction readers with CLOSE activities to my TeachersPayTeachers account! I'm kinda freaked out! I really hate doing new things. It makes me super nervous until my "I don't care what others think" instinct kicks in. I like that attitude much better. I'm less jumpy.
 http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Pumpkin-Patch-CLOSE-Fiction-Reader-1510605
The first one is a story about a little girl looking for the perfect pumpkin at the pumpkin patch. I tried to use many of the sounds we've learned in our phonics program but many things are thematic based.
 http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Fiction-CLOSE-Reading-Book-Fall-1510594
The other story is about two little boys playing during the fall. It's my first few attempts at fiction. If you remember from yesterday (I think it was yesterday...day before...oh I don't remember) I want to extend my books to include fiction so that I can ask that simple question. What is the author's purpose?? That is a really easy question to ask with nonfiction books that are filled with facts, but not as easy with fiction. So wish us luck as we begin this adventure in first grade!

No comments:

Post a Comment