Sunday, October 19, 2014

Pumpkins

We have been working on pumpkins for a many, many days. It is such an easy theme to do so many activities on! Of course I am going to talk about our nonfiction reader and our writing. My kiddos are getting really good at the writing. I am so proud of them! Here is some of the writing examples.


 The end of our trimester is in a few weeks and I will have to add to our rubric to help my kiddos grow in their abilities. For opinions I will add another sentence supporting their opinion. Informative is just adding another fact and narrative...I think I will leave alone just because we are still doing a lot of that writing as a group. Maybe third trimester I will add another sentence to the story but for now we will just work on our imagination.

 Our reading is going along well. When doing the CLOSE activities at the end is becoming relatively easy for most of my kiddos. I realized with this book that when I ask the question about author purpose they all repeat what we wrote the week before. So I realized I am asking that question a lot in informative readings but not in narrative or fictional reading. So my goal the next couple of weeks is to begin creating fiction books that go along with my themes....stay tuned for them!



No comments:

Post a Comment