Sunday, November 9, 2014

Thanksgiving

Can you believe Thanksgiving is less than three weeks away?? I haven't even begun to think about what our plans are going to be! I have been focusing on my nonfiction readers to read during our Thanksgiving unit. I want to spend more than the 2 days before Thanksgiving working on it. So I need at least 7 days worth of Thanksgiving work. So check out some of my books


My Now and Then book helps kiddos understand there were some big differences between the children from Pilgrim days compared to them today. They sometimes have a hard time understanding the time differences and I'm hoping this helps.
 http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Mayflower-Nonfiction-Close-Reading-Book-1537699

This book give the kiddos facts about the ship. Most of the books I read have quick glimpses of the Mayflower but not a lot of details. So now I've created a book to give the details!



 http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Thanksgiving-Writing-Informative-Opinion-Narrative-CCSS-1537899

And of course we have writing! We cannot forget to work on our opinions, informative and narrative writings. Bring on Thanksgiving!




 


No comments:

Post a Comment